Object-Oriented, Modular, Integrated software development tool• SIMSCRIPT is best suited for building simulation models in decision support systems in various application areas:
- Military applications, C4ISR systems, war-gaming etc
- Communication Networks, performance analysis and optimization
- Transportation and Manufacturing
- Inventory Control and Logistic planning
- Financial markets
• SIMSCRIPT III is also general-purpose O-O language with excellent graphics and database interface and can be used in any project instead of C++ or Java. It is English-like, easy to use SIMple-SCRIPT
• SIMSCRIPT III - reduces software development time and the cost of maintenance and ownership for large software projects
AVAILABLE NOW - SIMSCRIPT III Release 3.0 includes:
- New SIMSCRIPT Business Rules (SBR) Interpreter - used for changing business rules decisions in during run-time , creating training exercises with the programmable missions, etc.
- Reusable Class Libraries for application areas: Communication Networks Simulation and Portfolio Optimization etc.
- Unique feature Checkpoint/Restart used for creating “What-if “ scenarios in live-training war-game systems and large logistics simulations
The updated compiler, with powerful enhancements:
- Object-Oriented Programming: Classes, Objects, Methods, Multiple inheritance
- Object-Oriented Process-based Simulation: Object activities — Process-methods
- Modularity: importing Modules/Packages, with public interfaces and private implementation
- Increased Execution speed for most very large simulation models
- More efficient Ranked Sets, especially convenient in communication networks simulations
- Strong type checking, and extensive error reporting to speed-up model development
- Increased maximum size for arrays, entities and text variable
Enhanced SIMSCRIPT III Development Studio (SimStudio)
- Automatic builder for both SIMSCRIPT III and SIMSCRIPT II.5 models
- Class Browser
Object-Oriented Simscript III graphics
- 2-D Presentation, animation and GUI
- 3-D Animation Simulation Graphics
Simscript III Data Base Connectivity SDBC
SIMSCRIPT III Release 3.0 is available on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 platforms and 64-bit AMD64 processors Opteron and Athelon with 64-bit Linux RedHat Enterprise 5.6 or higher.
64-bit version of SIMSCRIPT III provides the following additional benefits:
- Increased address space
- Support for large files
- 64-bit pointers and 64-bit integers
- 64-bit Simulation Graphics
- 64-bit Data Base Connectivity
Technical Paper - The SIMSCRIPT III Programming Language for Modular Object-Oriented Simulation Language. (PDF, 212 KB)
Information Brochure - SIMSCRIPT III: New Modular Object Oriented Simulation Lanugage (.docx)
CACI's SIMSCRIPT III is a new Modular Object–Oriented modeling and simulation programming language for building portable, high-fidelity, large-scale simulation and modeling applications with interactive graphical user interfaces, presentation and 2-D, 3-D animation graphics. Imported geographical maps and airport or factory layouts create realistic visualizations.
SIMSCRIPT III supports objects and classes, including their attributes and methods, as well as sets (linked lists) of objects. An invocation of a "process method" represents an activity of an object which can be scheduled and can elapse simulation time. Both single and multiple inheritance are supported. Methods inherited from base classes can be overridden by derived classes. Support for modules allows the source code to be organized in a hierarchical structure. Large models can be divided into modules, which promote better source-code organization, facilitate the reuse of code, efficient development and easy model extensibility.
New Reusable Libraries, available from CACI, produced by highly experienced Modeling and Simulation Experts, increase implementation productivity and quality and reducing software development time and cost.